|Updated April 4, 2013
The following is a summary of the anticipated schedule along the Route 64 corridor through West Chicago.
- Stage 2 construction has resumed with construction of the center lanes and medians. Work inside of the work zone consists of pavement removal, storm sewer installation, excavation, undercutting, base course installation, and final concrete paving.
- There are several crossover (U-turn) or turnaround locations along the corridor between Kautz Road and Route 59. Each crossover will have to be temporary closed in order to install the storm sewer, build the road base, and pour the final concrete pavement. Crossover locations include the following:
- Airport Entrance west of Powis Road
- Marketing Drive
- Menard's/Volkswagon east of Atlantic
- The Marketing Drive crossover was recently closed to accommodate storm sewer installation. Temporary pavement was installed and this crossover re-opened to traffic. This crossover will have to be closed again at a later date for final paving.
- The Menard's/Volkswagon crossover, east of Atlantic, will be closed beginning Friday, April 5, 2013 to accommodate storm sewer installation and final paving. Please be aware that 7 days of concrete curing is required after concrete placement. The total duration of this work and associated closure is expected to last approximately 3 weeks. Therefore, the contractor is expected to re-open this crossover by Friday, April 26, 2013. The Marketing Drive crossover will remain open during this closure.
- Atlantic Drive across North Avenue remains closed. IDOT anticipates having the pavement throughout this intersection complete by June 2013.
From May 25, 2012:
1. Powis Road at IL RTE 64 (North Avenue) will be closed. IL RTE 64 will be open for east-west movements, but motorists will not be able to access Powis Road from IL RTE 64. In addition, Powis Road will be open up to IL RTE 64, but motorists will not be able to access IL RTE 64 from Powis Road.
2. To access Powis Road north of IL RTE 64, cars and local truck deliveries only will be detoured to Smith Road (north) to Powis Road (south).
3. To access Powis Road south of IL RTE 64, all vehicles and trucks will be detoured to Kirk Road (south), then Roosevelt Road (east), then Kress Road (north), to Hawthorne Lane (east) and Powis Road (north). Alternately, west bound vehicles and trucks may detour at Atlantic Drive (south), to Hawthorne Lane (west) to Powis Road (north).
4. Kautz Road is designated as a Class II Truck Route only between IL Route 38 and Geneva Road. Through traffic over 5 Tons is not allowed on Kautz Road between International Drive and Geneva Road.